This Day in Black History:
- 1794-First African Methodist Episcopal Church ~ is founded in Phildelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1794- Slavery in France in is abolished. However, it was instituted again under Napoleon.
- 1864- The 24th Amendment, abolishing the poll tax is ratified
- 1913-Rosa Parks, initiator of the Montgomery Bus Boycott, was born
- 2006- Warren Moon becomes first Black quarterback to be inducted into the National Football League Hall of Fame
Posted on February 4th at 6:02 PM
Has a total of: 8 Notes